Wild Rice & Cheese Casserole
- one box wild rice and seasoning that comes with it (Uncle Ben’s Quick Wild Rice)
- one cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- two 14 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
- two containers of button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup onions finely chopped (frozen onions work very well)
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- one cup hot water
Pour rice and seasoning in a casserole dish add remaining ingredients. Mix it up. Add some additional sharp cheddar on top (optional). Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Most people rave about this rice dish when we serve it and often ask for the recipe. This works well with a roasted chicken (Harris Teeter’s and Safeway’s Roasted Chickens are very good and easy to heat-up). Add French cut green beans with salt and butter for an additional veggie. It’s also great leftovers with the chicken shredded up and tossed in :-). Enjoy!