Roadsnacks.net conducted a survey of the 250 largest cities in America to determine the 10 worst places in America to live. Macon, Georgia topped the list. Alexandria came in at number 250. Thus, Roadsnacks.net determined Alexandria was the best place to live in America.
The factors that were taken into consideration in coming up with the worst places in America to live included:
- Population Density (The lower the worse – meaning there’s less to do for indoor entertainment)
- Highest Unemployment Rates
- Adjusted Median Income (Median income adjusted for the cost of living)
- High Housing Vacancy Rate
- Education (Low expenditures per student and high Student Teacher Ratio)
- High Crime
If you live, visit or work in Alexandria, you can come up with a plethora of reasons as to why it is the best city in America to live:
- Hundreds of Restaurants
- Low Crime Rate due in large part to a high quality Police Force (APD)
- Education System Improving with Great Teachers as Evidenced by the latest Student National Testing Numbers.
- One of the Best Emergency Medical Services in the Country Featuring two Paramedics on an Ambulance
- Exceptional Firefighters trained in Water Rescue, Technical Rescue, and HAZMAT (AFD)
- Historical Places Around Every Corner
- Jobs are Plentiful with Higher than Average Income
- Housing is Booming
These are just a few of the reasons that Alexandria is tops on the list.
If you would like to see the complete ranking of all 250 cities and the methodology by which Roadsnacks.net came up with their worst cities list you can click on the following link: Roadsnacks.net