Old Town North Free Community Event in Montgomery Park: Tone Up and Check In, October 10
On Saturday, October 10, the City is holding a free event for the Old Town North community in Montgomery Park, 901 N. Royal St., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Tone Up and Check In event is a fun-filled day for adults, children and pet dogs that will include
- Free Zumba, Boot Camp, Yoga, and Kids’ Workouts offered throughout the event by local Old Town North health and fitness establishments
- Free bicycle safety checks in the morning
- Noontime entertainment by Metro Stage artists
- Information provided by the City throughout the day about the upcoming Old Town North Small Area Plan process and ways the community can participate
- Sales of fresh food–juice, Danish, produce, and an assortment of nuts—by invited vendors
- The Finale: a pre-Halloween Doggie Costume Parade! Bring Fido for a festive Halloween dress rehearsal
This is the first of several City community outreach events for the Old Town North Small Area Plan process, which is anticipated to extend from October 2015 to January 2017. For more information about the Old Town North planning process, visit the Old Town North Small Area Plan webpage or contact Nancy J. Williams, Principal Planner, Department of Planning and Zoning, at email@example.com or 703.746.3858.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. To request a reasonable accommodation, e-mail Graciela Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.746.3808, Virginia Relay 711.