Traveling to Sunday’s Wild Card playoff game at FedEx Field?
With the 4:40 p.m. start time, Metro wants to remind fans of the important service changes this weekend that could impact your travel to the game at FedEx Field.
- Morgan Boulevard Station on the Silver & Blue Lines is the closest station to FedEx Field. The station is nine-tenths of a mile from the stadium and a pedestrian walkway offers direct access to the stadium.
- Largo Town Center Station, also on the Silver & Blue Lines, is one mile away from the stadium.
- This weekend, Silver Line trains operate between Wiehle-Reston East & East Falls Church stations only and Orange and Blue line trains will operate every 20 minutes until 12:00 p.m. Sunday.
- Silver Line customers traveling to Morgan Boulevard station before approximately 1:00 p.m. should prepare to transfer to an Orange Line train at East Falls Church and then transfer to a Blue Line train at the earliest opportunity
To avoid potentially long vending machine lines after the game, football fans are reminded to load enough value on their SmarTrip card for their entire roundtrip. Customers using paper farecards pay $1 more per trip than those using SmarTrip. SmarTrip cards can be purchased from vending machines at any Metrorail station or in advance at local CVS and Giant Food stores, Metro Sales offices, regional transit stores, or online.
REMINDER! – FedEx Field Bag Policy
Metro reminds anyone traveling to the stadium of the stadium bag rules, limiting the size and type of bags that may be brought into FedEx Field. Permitted bags include ones that are clear (not exceeding 12x6x12″), one-gallon freezer bags, or small clutch bags. Larger bags – including backpacks – are not permitted in FedEx Field. See the league Bag Policy for complete details.
Parking at Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center
During events at FedEx Field, a $15 parking fee applies at Morgan Blvd and Largo Town Center stations for anyone who has not taken a qualifying Metrorail trip. Metrorail riders who use the system for qualifying trips will be charged standard parking rates at all times when they use the same SmarTrip® card used for rail travel. A qualifying trip is one that begins at a station other than Largo Town Center, Morgan Blvd, Addison Road, Capitol Heights or Benning Road. For example, a rider traveling from Stadium-Armory to Morgan Blvd has taken a qualifying trip and would pay regular parking rates ($4.50 on weekdays, free on weekends); however, a rider who boards at Largo Town Center and exits at Morgan Blvd would be subject to the $15 rate during stadium events.
The $15 rate is in effect three hours prior to event time and remains in effect until two hours after the event. This fee ensures that a market-based parking fee is charged to patrons attending these events.
- Sign up for MetroAlerts to be notified of Metrorail and Metrobus service disruptions.
- After boarding the train, move into the center of the car—away from the doors—to create space for customers behind you.
- Have your SmarTrip or paper farecard in your hand as you approach the fare gates.
- If a train is too crowded, do not attempt to board it. Allow the doors to close and wait for the next train.
Categories: About Town