Powerball Jackpot mania has driven the jackpot up to $1.5 billion. A lump sum cash payout would be $930,000,000
The next drawing will be Wednesday January 13, 2016 at 10:59 p.m. This jackpot has more than doubled the biggest jackpot in history. Here is a recap of the largest lottery jackpots in history:
10. $390 million (Mega Millions) 3/6/2007
Winning tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
9. $399.4 million (Powerball) 9/18/2013
Winning ticket sold in South Carolina.
8. $414 million (Mega Millions) 3/18/2014
Winning tickets sold in Maryland and Florida.
7. $425.4 million (Powerball) 2/19/2014
6. $448.4 million (Powerball) 8/7/2013
Winning tickets sold in New Jersey (2) and Minnesota.
5. $564.1 million (Powerball) 2/11/2015
Winning tickets were sold in Texas, North Carolina and Puerto Rico.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) 11/28/2012
Winning tickets sold in Missouri and Arizona.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) 5/18/2013
Winning ticket sold in Florida.
2. $648 million (Mega Millions) 12/17/2013
Winning tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) 3/30/2012
Winning tickets sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas.
The odds of winning the Powerball grand prize are 1 in 292,201,338. Your odds of getting attacked by a shark are 1 in 11.5 million.