All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Monday, September 5, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- Refuse Collection: Residential trash and recycling will not be collected on September 5. Scheduled collections will be delayed by one day during the week of September 5. The household hazardous waste and electronics recycling collection site will be open on September 3 and closed on September 5.
- Animal Shelter: The Vola Lawson Animal Shelter will open from noon to 5 p.m. on September 5.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.), and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed on September 5.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed September 3-5.
- Parking: The Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits, on Monday, September 5. This suspension of enforcement applies only to the restrictions at legal parking spaces, and does not permit parking in any location normally prohibited (for example, no parking zones, loading zones, or spaces for persons with disabilities). Temporary no-parking signs will be enforced on September 5.
- Outdoor Pools: Outdoor City Pools will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on September 5. For information visit alexandriava.gov/Aquatics.
- Recreation Centers: On September 5, the Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the Charles Houston Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other City recreation centers will be closed on September 5.
- State Offices: The Circuit Court, General District Court, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will be closed on September 5. The Department of Motor Vehicles Office at 2681 Mill Rd. will also be closed.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on September 5. The King Street Trolley will operate every 15 minutes between the King Street Metro Station and the Potomac River waterfront from 10 a.m. to midnight.