Vídeo en español
Line segment shutdown between NoMa-Gallaudet U & Fort Totten from October 29 through November 22, 2016.
- Red Line trains will run in two segments: Shady Grove to NoMa-Gallaudet U every 6 minutes and Glenmont to Fort Totten every 10 minutes resulting in severe service reductions.
- Two stations will be closed: Brookland-CUA and Rhode Island Ave.
- Limited free shuttle buses will replace trains between NoMa-Gallaudet U and Fort Totten.
- After 9:00 p.m., Red Line trains will run every 15 minutes.
- The last Fort Totten-bound Red Line train will depart Glenmont at 11:02 p.m. (35 minutes earlier).
- Green Line provides alternate path for travel between Fort Totten and Gallery Place.
- Red Line customers should consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush-hour periods if possible; expect trains to be extremely crowded.
Expect crowding on all Red Line trains, especially during rush hour due to severe service reductions. Customers should also expect significantly longer wait times.
Expect additional crowding on Green and Yellow line trains between Fort Totten and Gallery Place due to a large shift of riders from the Red Line.
Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system. Weekend service information is posted in the Alerts and Advisories section.