The Art League at the Torpedo Factory Art Center, at 105 N. Union Street in Old Town, Alexandria, will be hosting an Art on Tap Event this Friday, November 4, 2016. Beer, Food and Art will be paired together for patrons tasting and viewing pleasure. The following details were taken from The Art League’s FaceBook Page:
When: Friday, November 4, 7:00–10:00 pm
Where: The Art League Gallery, Torpedo Factory Art Center
Tickets: $35 each. $45 after October 21 (must be 21+)
Craft beers from local breweries have been artfully paired with a work of art from an Art League instructor. Local restaurants have chosen a brew/artwork coupling to serve as their muse to create the perfect complementary appetizer.
Here’s the up-to-date list of everyone participating in Art on Tap! There will be six different art/beer/food combos to try (and vote on):
- Brothers Craft Brewing with Columbia Firehouse and an etching by Robert Liberace
- Forge Brew Works with Vola’s Dockside Grill & Hi-Tide Lounge and a painting by Diane Tesler
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery with Chadwicks and a sculpture by Carlos Beltràn Baldiviezo
- Heavy Seas Beer with Virtue Feed & Grain and a painting by Mike Francis
- Starr Hill Brewery with Sugar Shack Donuts Alexandria and a watercolor by Susan Herron
- Port City Brewing Company with Pizzeria Paradiso (Old Town) and a painting by Delna Dastur
Sample the creative combinations while drinking from a take-home Art on Tap beer tasting glass, and then vote for your favorite at the end of the event!
– musical performances by The Sea Life and Go Cozy
– video art screening
You must be 21 or older to attend, and a valid form of identification is required for entry.
You may purchase tickets via Eventbrite at the following link: 2016 Art on Tap