The Alexandria City Public Schools have announced that schools will be closed for students on Wednesday, March 8, 2017. The City’s Out of School Time Program will be available at the following Recreation Centers from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for both previously registered participants and walk-in registrations. The walk-in registration fee for the Out of School Time Program is $15 per participant. Activities will be limited, and participants should bring lunch and snacks as needed.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr., 703.746.5551
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St., 703.746.5552
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave., 703.746.5554
- Mt. Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave., 703.746.5556
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4625 Taney Ave., 703.746.5557
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave., 703.746.5558
All programs at John Adams, MacArthur and Hammond schools are cancelled. No before-school care is available