The Alexandria Commission for Women has announced the honorees for its 37th Annual Salute to Women Awards celebration held on Monday, March 20 at 6 p.m. at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany St., Alexandria.
Ten women will be recognized for their civic accomplishments and the improvements they have brought to the well-being of Alexandria’s women and girls. The awards are presented for achievement in a wide range of private and governmental pursuits, including: arts, business, service to youth, public policy, health and safety, public service and civic leadership.
The 2017 honorees are:
- Patricia Paxton – Leadership in Business and Career Development Award
- Yolanda Carrasco & Mildred Rivera – Making a Difference Award
- Kendallee Walker – Youth Community Services Award (Youth)
- LaVon Curtis – Youth Community Services Award (Adult)
- Martha Carucci – Women’s Health and Safety Advocate Award
- Laurie MacNamara – The Marguerite Payez Leadership Award
- Lisa Smith – The Donna Bergheim Cultural Affairs Award
- Lisette Torres – The Vola Lawson Award
- Dorothea Peters – The Susan Lowell Butler Lifetime Achievement Award
Tickets for the event are $50 per person. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. Proceeds from the Awards celebration benefit the Alexandria Domestic Violence Shelter and Sexual Assault Center.
Special thanks to current sponsors:
- Platinum: Bobi Bomar’s Homes of Alexandria; Weichert Realtors; and Holly Beville of McEnearney Associates, Inc.
- Gold: Jen Walker Team of McEnearney Associates, Inc.
- Silver: Beverly Tatum, Women’s Council Of Realtors, Weichert Realtors Old Town Alexandria; Friends of the Alexandria Commission for Women; Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota; Paul Wilson, Wilson Grand Communications; Sue Goodhart of The Goodhart Group; and Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association.
- Bronze: Alexandria Democratic Committee; Four Directions Wellness; Gravitate Solutions; Jere Gibber; Vice Mayor Justin Wilson; Mandala Research, LLC; Delegate Mark Levine; Michele Evans; Land, Carroll & Blair PC; Pat Miller; Rich, Rosenthal, Brincefield, Dzubin, & Kroeger, LLP; and NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia.
For more information or to register for the Salute to Women Awards, visit the Salute to Women Awards webpage. For more details, contact Marilyn Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. To request a reasonable accommodation, email Maurice Tomdio at email@example.com or call 703.746.3579 (voice) at least 10 days prior to this event.