Join us today for the Old Town North Community Farmers’ Market
Alexandria’s Favorite Dog Friendly Farmer’s Market.
901 North Royal Street, Montgomery Park, the Canal District. Fall hours 3-7.
Sara of Dream of Goodies brings the perfect fall selection… pumpkin spice cookies and cupcakes along with a limited number of petite cake sampler boxes and more banana bread! All of Sara’s baked goods are low glycemic, gluten free and non GMO. Pick up an easy dinner from Ana of Sweet Twist will have healthy sorbet with real fruit and veggies, and ice cream using local produce and Ecuadorian style empanadas meat, chicken and vegetarian, and along with soups using fresh ingredients. Lionel Lopez brings us a bountiful harvest of squash, sweet potatoes and more from his family farm in the Northern Neck. Lionel’s produce often has a starring role in the offerings at neighborhood favorite a la Lucia. Chef Michael brings us Chocolate Chip, Chai Spiced, Apricot Pecan Oatmeal, and Cherry, Chocolate and Walnut cookies. And he will also have his Sweetbread, the Stütchen! New vendor Julia of TigerSoap is away this week but will return to the market October 12th. We look forward to seeing her next week and we welcome Unique Jewelry and Things back to the market today.
For a list of produce in season, please visit: http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/pdf/producechart.pdf
In the community…
Congratulations to our raffle winners!
- Ten Class Pass for River’s Edge Yoga, value $140. Must be used by December 31, 2018: Shay B.
- A Two Hour Design Consultation with Claire Tamburro of Tamburro Interiors, residential or commercial, value $300- Anne S.
- A Gift card from Trader Joe’s. Value $25.: Kate P.
- Foot Pampering Package from Tiger Soap (value $30): Penny L.
*All prizes can be picked up at the Old Town North Farmer’s Market every Thursday from 3-7pm.
The Old Town North Community Partnership presents Dogtoberfest…A month long celebration of all thing Dog and of course Cat…Events throughout the month will include:
- Rescue Ale Release Party – October 5th 3-11at Lost Dog Café
- Adopt the Block – Lost Dog and Cat Foundation Adoption Event. Saturday, October 7at Lost Dog Café and at Port City on Saturday, Oct 14th.
- Yappy Hour – Benefits Lost Dog and Cat Foundation. Thursday, October 26th 5-7:30 at Holiday Inn Alexandria Carlyse
- Paws in the Park – Benefits Lost Dog and Cat Foundation and King Street Cats. Saturday October, 28th 1-3 at Montgomery Park.
Developers will hold a community meeting October 12 at 6:30p.m. at the Sheraton Hotel regarding their plans for the Best Western site. All are welcome.
On the horizon…
The OTNCP is thrilled to be a part of the 42nd Annual Virginia Wine Festival in Orinoco Bay Park on Saturday, Oct 14 and Sunday, Oct 15. Virginia Wine Festival® is the oldest wine festival on the East Coast. Each year, the festival features many of VA’s best wineries, craft exhibitors, seminars, and incredible music. At the Virginia Wine Festival, you can celebrate and taste from more than 150+ VA Wines – and this year the VA Oyster Pavilion is Back – have a Shucking Good Time! Craft beer trucks will also be available – beer is an additional cost (not included in your unlimited wine sipping admission ticket) Stop by our table at the festival and say hi…for more information, please visit: http://www.virginiawinefest.com/
See you at the market.