Alexandria’s Annual Giving Day “Spring2ACTion” is tomorrow, Wednesday, April 25th. The 24 hour period of online giving promises to raise more than one million dollars for the benefit of the Alexandria community.
Do you know what organization you’d like to donate to? You may already know or you may need to select a cause. Choosing a charity and donating couldn’t be easier with Spring2ACTion’s website. Simply go to Spring2ACTion and you’ll be able to search for a match that is good for you.
Prefer to participate the ol’fashioned in person way? Here are some local businesses you can support tomorrow that are in on the act of helping to raise money for Alexandria’s nonprofits:
- Eat at Old Town’s newest Mia’s Italian Kitchen, or her sister restaurants Hi-Tide Lounge, Lena’s Wood Fired Pizza, The Majestic, Vola’s Dockside Grill or Virtue Feed & Grain you’ll be not only be eating some good food but doing some good as well! The Alexandria Restaurant Partners are donating 5% of the proceeds from all their restaurants to Spring2ACTion.
- Show your proof of your donation at Sugar Shack and get a FREE donut.
- South Block Juice Co. (both the Old Town and Del Ray locations) is donating 15% of sales to Spring2ACTion.
- Free coffee from 8 -10 am at Stomping Ground with proof of donation, hosted by The Jen Walker Team in Del Ray.
- Swing2ACTion with Access National Bank for a putting contest and ice cream social from 11am – 4pm.
- Del Ray Café donating 5% of proceeds to At Home in Alexandria.
- Today’s Cargo is donating 10% of proceeds to Rebuilding Together Alexandria!
- Shop at Periwinkle where they’re donating 20% of proceeds to Spring2ACTion.
- Vintage Mirage is donating 10% of sales to the Alexandria Police Youth Camp.
- Grant Thornton and Capitol Post will host its monthly Bunker Brews at Theismann’s Restaurant and Bar from 5-7 pm. Grant Thornton will match every donation made to Capitol Post’s mission to empower military veterans as leaders in entrepreneurship.
- ACT for Alexandria, ALX Community, and Alexandria Restaurant Partners will host a #Spring2ACTion Happy Hour at ALX Community from 6-8 pm.
Want to help out a bit more than tomorrow? For the entire month of April:
- All three of the Comfort One Shoes’ Alexandria locations are donating 5% of customer’s sales to six nonprofits of the customer’s choosing.
- Yates Automotive is donating 2 cents for every gallon purchased to Spring2ACTion.
- And, Nickels for Nonprofits at Whole Foods is benefiting ACT for Alexandria not just in April but also May and June.
Tomorrow’s sure to be a feel good day of giving in Old Town.
Here is additional information from ACT for Alexandria about Spring2ACTion and the organization itself:
Last year, more than 9,000 individuals gave during Spring2ACTion, raising an amazing $1,592,459 for 158 nonprofit organizations at www.Spring2ACTion.org. Participating nonprofits represent a wide variety of causes, including health and wellness, animal rescue, food and shelter, arts and music, schools and PTAs, and children and families. From providing scholarships to summer camp to building baseball fields to pro-bono legal services to serving meals to low-income families, the money raised during Spring2ACTion will continue to have a tremendous impact on the community in the coming year.
About ACT for Alexandria
Launched in 2004, ACT for Alexandria (ACT) is a community foundation that seeks to turn ideas into action and resources into results. For more information about ACT and how you can support the pressing needs of the nonprofit community in Alexandria, contact ACT at 703-739-7778 or visit www.actforalexandria.org.
Categories: Around Town